The old way of configuring your network infrastructure just doesn’t cut it anymore. With the rise of virtual devices and cloud infrastructure, organizations don’t have the time (or resources) to perform an endlessly growing number of tedious tasks within the data centers.
Hiring more IT staff doesn’t solve the problem, either. It only makes your business more wasteful. Each hour that your teams spend on mundane data center tasks eats into your bottom line and steals resources away from “big picture” projects.
With data center automation, you can vastly reduce the need for human involvement with your data center. So, IT can spend more time growing the business, instead of playing catchup.
Overview of Data Center Automation
In this post, we take a closer look at network automation as a piece of the larger picture of data center automation.
But let’s start with the groundwork: what is data center automation?
Data center automation uses a combination of software and hardware to automate routine processes for infrastructure processes. Network, server (compute) and storage tasks can each be automated for physical and virtual environments.
With data center automation, a wide range of tedious tasks performed in the data center are lifted from your IT workers’ responsibilities and instead powered by automation technology.
What is Network Automation?
Network automation is the process of using technology to automate network management tasks that are traditionally performed by a network administrator.
Examples of tasks that can be automated include:
- Bandwidth & performance management
- Management & discovery of network topology
- Analysis and correction of network issues (root cause analysis)
- Updates and patches
- Security & compliance implementations
- System configuration across the entire network
Benefits of Network Automation
Network automation makes your networks significantly easier and faster to manage. For enterprises with sprawling global networks and data centers, the savings delivered by automation can be substantial.
Here are the key advantages:
- Reduced costs: Organizations save money by reducing the need for human intervention with manual network tasks. Automation technology can do in minutes what previously took your IT people hours or days to do manually.
- No more human errors: Even the most skilled IT teams make mistakes, and when it happens, it can be disastrous. In addition to making your operations more efficient, automation software eliminates costly errors, ensuring stronger business continuity.
- More visibility: Automation software can give you greater insight into your network topologies, performance, status and any issues that arise. This enables IT teams to move much faster and make better decisions.
- Greater agility: Automation makes organizations more agile by being able to respond much faster to new business objectives or challenges.
- Big-picture growth: The time saved by relying on automation software can now be diverted to more important projects that help to sustain and propel business growth.
At Anexinet, our patent-pending network automation and orchestration technologies can drastically save IT personnel effort and resources. We leverage a wide range of data center automation solutions, including Ansible, Terraform, Packer, VMware automation tools, and more to deliver numerous cost-saving benefits to enterprises.
For more information on how your business can benefit from network automation from Anexinet, contact us at [email protected].