The approach to data-center management is rapidly evolving. As traditional tasks for cloud maintenance become more time-consuming and costly, enterprises are deploying smarter automation solutions that minimize the need for human evolvement and make it easier to manage a robust cloud infrastructure.
A cloud management platform (CMP) like Morpheus enables organizations to gain greater control of their cloud environments and manage it all from a single pane of glass. According to Gartner, more than 70% of enterprises will leverage multifaceted cloud governance tools by 2025, whereas only less than 10% currently do in 2020.
How can a cloud management platform like Morpheus bring efficiency to your infrastructure management? Here’s what you need to know.
What is a cloud management platform?
A cloud management platform enables organizations to manage multiple cloud environments from a single integrated software solution. The platform allows for more efficient management of services and resources of private and public clouds, rather than requiring you to manage several disparate systems.
A CMP can help streamline your cloud management in several key areas:
- Provisioning & orchestration: End-user provisioning, provisioning templates, task scheduling, event-based orchestration workflows
- Service requests: Cloud services catalogs for a single point of discovery, resource pool catalog, request approval workflows, automated request fulfillment
- Inventory & classification: Cloud resource discovery, configuration change monitoring, cloud-platform-native tagging integration
- Monitoring & analytics: Performance monitoring, reporting, log collection, event alerts
- Cost management & workload optimization: Cloud platform billing API integration, resource utilization, cost tracking, budget definitions and forecasting
- Cloud migration, backup & disaster recovery: Object storage backup policies, block storage snapshot, point-in-time restore, compute instance migration recommendations
- Security, compliance and identity management: Role-based access control, security configuration management, multichannel security event notifications, security configuration management, compliance scores
The problem with traditional cloud management
Managing a growing infrastructure has become a daunting and costly process for enterprises. When you’re using multiple cloud environments, each with disparate systems that need to be managed independently, it can be a nightmare.
Tedious management tasks eat up precious time and ultimately hurt the organization’s ability to grow, innovate or keep costs under control.
A cloud management platform makes these processes far more efficient, faster and automated by unifying all your VMs, clouds, containers and apps in a single place.
Morpheus: a robust cloud management solution
Morpheus vastly simplifies your multicloud management with a single platform for governance, life cycle management, brokering and automation of managed cloud infrastructure resources.
Morpheus is a unified platform that provides the freedom to run any app on any private or public cloud. It has more built-in integrations and native functionality than any other CMP, which is why Gartner recently recognized it as a Leader in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for cloud management platforms.
Morpheus has nearly 100 built-in codeless technology integrations, while featuring an extensible plug-in SDK for those that want to curate their own integrations. The platform has been shown to reduce cloud costs by up to 30%, providing enterprise agility, control and efficiency.
Discover how the Morpheus cloud management platform can help transform your business. Contact Anexinet at [email protected]