In today’s Device Squad, the podcast for the mobile enterprise from Propelics, Steve and Glenn talk with Roman Dumiak, Director of Technology Innovation at Allstate Insurance about the use of Internet of Things (IOT) devices, AI and Machine Learning in the insurance industry.
This episode also discusses:
- What life was like being an Allstate Sr IT Architect in 1976
- What better engagement buys insurance companies?
- The gamification of insurance
- Allstate’s Drivewise app
- Why employers and the insurance industry are so excited about wearables
- Privacy & HIPAA-compliance issues around capturing biometrics data
- How insurance companies utilize social media data
- How the IOT is helping underwriting
- The role of AI/Machine Learning in the insurance industry
- How AI and Machine Learning is changing the role of computers
Links in the episode:
- Roman Dumiak on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/romandumiak/
- Allstate’s Drivewise App://fortune.com/2018/09/24/allstate-ceo-data-tom-wilson/
- John Hancock’s Wellness Game: https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/19/news/companies/john-hancock-life-insurance-vitality/index.html/
Content Strategy Lead at Anexinet
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.