You can now connect HP 3PAR Storage Systems directly to the HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric Module, and remove the need for an intermediate SAN fabric.
In addition to being much more cost-efficient, management of your storage solution is made easier. HP Virtual Connect Direct Attached Fibre Channel has removed the complexity of FC switch management, zoning and provisioning. Based on HP Engineering testing, on average, the time per server for storage provisioning, zoning and propagation takes less than 10 minutes.
HP Virtual Connect Direct-Attach for HP 3PAR Storage Systems helps you to:
• Do away with the need for expensive SAN fabrics
• Save on operating costs and cut down on capital expenditure
• Scale with the “pay-as-you-grow” model, which lets you pay for only what you need now
• Connect Virtual Connect FlexFabric Fibre Channel directly to HP 3PAR FC storage to simplify your server connections
• Improve efficiency with simplified fabric management tools
• Configure your Virtual Connect as “direct attach” and/or “fabric attach,” depending on your solution design
• Manage through a single pane of glass with Virtual Connect Manager Web-based and Command Line Interfaces
• Use Virtual Connect technology to further improve management efficiency
• Reduce disparity with separate fabric and interconnect management
The feature will be available in an upcoming firmware release during the second half of CY2012. All you will have to do is download it to your Virtual Connect FlexFabric modules. No additional licenses or fees apply.
Get more information at HP Virtual Connect Technology.