Optimizing your hardware configuration along with best practices will provide you with the information you need to deploy a finely-tuned Nprinting environment. The result will be a great smoothie to deploy and your experience with NPrinting is enjoyable.
Below is the minimal NPrinting Engine and Server requirement:
- 8GB RAM
- Multi core x64 compatible processor (2x core minimum) is required
- 1GB disk space
- If NPrinting “local” connection is used, add memory to the NP Engine
- IF NP “QVP” connection is used, add memory the QV server.
- NPrinting Server requirement (same as NPrinting Engine)
- NPrinting Engine and NP Server can be installed on the same or separate computers
*These are MINIMUM requirements only. For support information, refer too:
NPrinting System Sizing Consideration:
Let’s begin talk about how NPrinting connection interact with Qlikview and Qliksense. Each time if NPrinting connects the source of qlikview and qliksense it leads to NP execution at background
NPrinting Qlikview and Qlik Sense Executions:
- Qlikview: One NPrinting process performed per available core and per NP execution
- Qlik Sense: Two NPrinting web processes performed per available core and per NP Execution
Example, NPrinting initialize the connection to the qlikview during the NP execution. At that time qlikview application (qvw) file may expand by a factor of 10 “in memory” during NP background executions dependent on complexity and performance of the QVW. So, based on this we define the required RAM for the NPrinting server. If a system deficient in RAM will result in writing out to the system page file on your windows server. This impact system performance. Performance will be reduced when RAM memory is insufficient. Allocate additional memory resources according to expected “in memory” file size of QVW.
- For Example: A QVW is 100 mb. This may grow to as much as 1 GB “in memory”.
- So if you have 10 – 100 mb files that you expect simultaneously, you would need at least an additional 10 GB of RAM to support this.
- If you have 10 cores in the server, then multiply “in memory” file size by 10 to determine RAM requirement
Total Ram Recommended calculation for Qlikview connection: [Cores] * [sum of “in memory” Ram for all QVWs]
Example: sum of qvw file is 100mb, 10 cores server is available then required RAM based on above calculation is  * [10 GB] = 100 GB of RAM.
Suppose in Qlik Sense. Total Ram Recommendation is get doubled because its use 2 NPrinting web process performed per available core per NP execution.
Total Ram Recommended calculation for Qlikview connection: [Cores] * [sum of “in memory” Ram for all QVFs] * 2
NPrinting Best Practices:
First, Verify your deployment after installation. Check the following
- Use dedicated NPrinting service account to run NP Services
- CAL manually assigned to the NP Service account
- NP Service Account Root ADMIN on the Sense Server
- Import Sense certificates using the Dedicated NP service account
Below are Unsupported Objects in NPrinting. Please don’t have these items in your NPrinting source Qlikview or Qlik sense application. It results to fail the NPrinting report generation.
- Sheet & Documents Trigger
- Using of alternate State
- Always One selected property in List boxes
Below object usage will reduce the performance of NPrinting Report generation. Try to avoid if possible.
- Section Access → replace by distributed recipient User
(All below objects can displayed in NPrinting report using only image mode not as table data)
- Pivot table
- MapsExtensions objects
- Extensions objects