Buffer Overflow: We Can Order the Meat Pants!
Privacy Day Serendipity, AI Artwork, and Our Least Favorite Planets
Ned Bellavance, Director of Cloud Solutions
Chris Hayner, Delivery Manager
Kimberly DeFilippi, Project Manager, Business Analyst
Brenda Heisler, Resource Coordinator
This past Monday, Jan 28th was Privacy Day, let’s have a fun roundup shall we?
- Sidewalk Labs is using your mobile data to model urban movement patterns
- Facebook created an app to spy on 13 to 35 year olds for $20 a month
- Also this app, creatively titled “Facebook Research,” got them thrown off the App Store by violating Apple’s terms.
- Apple FaceTime has a bug that lets you listen to any iPhone or Mac microphone
- Rubrik leaked 10GB of client data via a misconfigured Elasticsearch server
- Japan will be hacking into their citizens’ devices…for good
- Astrophysicists have picked their least favorite planets
- Apple is tired of Facebook and Google’s .. shenanigans
- Microsoft keeps breaking everything for everybody
- Does this old laptop bring me joy?
- Did you know that 50% of the calls you get are Robocallers?
- Net Neutrality case will be heard today in the US Circuit Court of Appeals in DC