Buffer Overflow: No One Sniffs Glue Anymore
Sleepless in Seattle, Computex Visions , and Freedom Gas
Ned Bellavance, Director of Cloud Solutions
Chris Hayner, Delivery Manager
Brenda Heisler, Resource Coordinator
Go. The %*#@. To. Sleep.
- A raft of new studies have come out recently showing that even 16 minutes of lost sleep has a demonstrable negative impact, in both the short and the long term.
- The pattern is clear: less sleep means poor code.
- Managers could not tell the difference between employees who actually worked 80 hours a week and those who just pretended to.
- When Unions forced the bosses of sweatshops to limit workdays to 10 hours, management discovered that output increased
- There is a measurable, increasing correlation between hours of overtime and injury.
- Jeffrey Pfeffer argued that some 150,000 deaths in the United States each year, and as many as 1 million in China, can be attributed to overwork.
- Additionally, many of these jobs are boring and repetitive, and entirely unfulfilling. This has led to mental
- Jack Ma, multi-billionaire, head of the Alibaba Group, and owner of one of the business worlds WORST haircuts,is totally fine with encouraging a culture that works employees to death.
- 996 is also helping China catch up to Silicon Valley
- More screens everywhere – weird designs from Asus, Intel, Lenovo and more
- Intel also announced the project Athena effort to create baseline expectations of a premium laptop
- Microsoft laid out the features of a modern OS
- Pivotal is officially supporting OpenJDK because… Oracle
- SpaceX’s satellites will soon blot out the night sky
- Does what happens on your iPhone really stay on our iPhone?
- Uber stock price rises after earnings report comes out with the expected amount of losses
- The Department of Energy is rebranding natural gas because ‘MURICA