Digital Transformation is about building customer-centric business solutions across modern electronic channels and adapting to constantly changing digital behaviors and habits. In all aspects of our everyday life, digital technology has already gained a strong foothold and is growing. Companies that fail to realize this now, are putting their futures at risk.
“Mobility is a practical fuel to power Digital Transformation.”
With respect to mobile technology, the statistics are clear. According to the Pew Research Center, in 2014:
In 2015, 64% of American adults own a smartphone and utilize it to navigate numerous important life events:
So what does this all mean? A key digital channel is already in the hands of nearly two-thirds of your customers. About half of those have already transformed their digital behavior by using mobile phones instead of traditional channels like desktop, laptops, paper medium and brick-and-mortar.
5 key principles that your company must stand behind to support digital are:
- Embrace digital change – recognize change is necessary with leadership paving the way for these investments
- Adopt new business models – maintain existing business, but also grow in new areas or populations by leveraging digital engagement methods
- Complement sales approaches – augment traditional sales approaches with creating an omni-channel digital presense across Mobile, Web (corporate and external presense), Social Media and Internet of Things
- Digitize your assets – enable better collaboration across different functional areas and make your resources available to your teams wherever and whenever.
- Focus on User Experience – Drive adoption, satisfaction and trust by using technology to improve not only the customer journey but also your employees’, partners’ and stakeholders’ experience
This change is often not a small undertaking for businesses that have operated differently for much of their history. Most start with where they have personally already made that change, but that may not be enough if your target customers are focused elsewhere.
It is important to understand that Mobility is not the only element of digital transformation. It’s critical to change how the business operates and how information is gathered, consumed and shared across functional groups. It is a change that is far deeper into an organization than just marketing and technology. Mobility is a great starting point because Digital Maturity starts with the customer experience and more and more, that begins when a customer reaches into their pockets, not for money but for their mobile phones.
Interested to hear your comments and thoughts!
Anexinet is a technology firm that delivers strategy, digital, and technology solutions by leveraging the best combination of cloud, products, and services. Learn more at: www.anexinet.com/digital
Paul Flamiano, Digital Consultant, Paul’s LinkedIn Profile, [email protected]
Steve Tranchida, Digital Solutions, Steve’s LinkedIn Profile, [email protected]
Chris Young, Strategy Solutions, Chris’s LinkedIn Profile, [email protected]
Cellphone and smartphone ownership demographics
US smartphone use in 2015
Digital and Analytics Services Manager