AWS User Group: AWS Intro Series – Databases Galore!
AWS provides a wide range of fully managed database offerings that offer many advantages and some disadvantages over traditional database deployments. Come out to learn about the various database offerings, why you should consider them, why you may not be able to use them, and what tools are available to help you migrate data to AWS database offerings.
Presented by Anexinet’s Cloud Architect Bert Zahniser, in conjunction with Anexinet DBAs Hank Yee and Jeff Shurak, we will cover what you need to get started with Amazon database servers and provide additional resources for further research.
- Overview of AWS Database Services
- Relational and Non-Relational Options
- Benefits of RDS
- Drawbacks of RDS (Specifically with MS SQL and Oracle)
- Amazon Aurora – High Performance / Low Cost
- DynamoDB – NoSQL service
- Neptune – GraphDB
- AWS Data Migration Service
- AWS Schema Conversion Tool
- Other services: Data Pipeline, Glue, Athena, Kinesis